26 August 2015 Comments Off on Collaboration is Key: Southern Nevada VA Partners with the Nevada Statewide HMIS! News
“Unity is strength… when there is teamwork and collaboration, wonderful things can be achieved.”
- Mattie Stepanek
Bitfocus, Inc. and the Veterans Affairs Southern Nevada Healthcare System are proud to announce their newly established partnership! The VA is now participating in the Clarity Human Services HMIS for the State of Nevada.
Earlier this week, the Veterans Affairs Southern Nevada Healthcare System signed a Nevada Statewide HMIS Memorandum of Understanding and Data Sharing Agreement, which will enable the Southern Nevada VA to conduct direct data entry into the Nevada Statewide Clarity Human Services HMIS
This partnership means that Veteran data will now be included in all coordinated entry processes for Southern Nevada.
This eliminates a monumental barrier to the Mayors Challenge to end Veteran homelessness.
Substantial benefits for coordinated entry processes:
- The VA can now conduct housing assessments, which means that Southern Nevada will have a single, centralized waitlist that includes Veterans and non-Veterans alike.
- The VA can conduct VI-SPDAT assessments for all Veterans directly within the Clarity Human Services HMIS, as opposed to outside the HMIS.
- Southern Nevada Veterans will be assessed and prioritized for housing within the Clarity Human Services HMIS.
Nevada homeless service providers can now rely on Veteran status that is verified by the VA, as opposed to ad hoc self-reported Veteran status.
This means that all Veteran data will be accurate and entered directly into the Clarity Human Services HMIS.
Housing Eligibility Information
- All levels of housing eligibility will now be based on verified Veteran status, discharge status, and other Veteran-specific information.
Clinical Eligibility Information
- The VA will now be able to enter all clinical eligibility for Veterans into the HMIS themselves, which will save immense amounts of time and resources; this will be invaluable to all homeless providers in Southern Nevada.
HUD-VASH Bed Placements
- The VA will enter all HUD-VASH bed placements into the Clarity Human Services HMIS, resulting in accurate bed placements and reporting.
The Southern Nevada VA, Bitfocus, Inc., and the Southern Nevada CoC are excited to watch the benefits of this partnership unfold.